Overall, this is a great appetizer for dinner parties or any occasion. Enjoy!
Prep time 15 min | Total Time 40 min | Yields 8
For the crostini
- 1 small baguette, sliced 1/4 inch thick, I used a wide baguette to have a longer feel
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 3/4 cup of goat cheese
- 1/2 cup of honey, it can be flavored honey like wildflower or blueberry
- 6 figs cut into wedges, you should have a total of 18 wedges
- 1/2 tsp of Ras El Hanout spice
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Arrange baguette slices on a large rimmed baking sheet; brush both sides with oil, and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until golden, rotating sheets halfway through. Let cool on baking sheets.
- To spice up your honey, simmer 1/2 cup honey on low-medium heat, gently stir in the spice and a tiny pinch of salt, simmer for 2 minutes and remove from heat. Let it cool before you drizzle it on top of your crostini.
- Top crostinis with goat cheese, nicely place three fresh figs per crostini and drizzle the honey on top.
- If you do not have that spice you can substitute it by adding 2 cloves.